The power of C# B3D = Unbeatable.

Archives Forums/Blitz3D SDK Programming/The power of C# B3D = Unbeatable.

CoderLaureate(Posted 2007) [#1]
I wanted to see how the B3D SDK would perform with C#. So I put together this little project and really overdid the OOP. It uses Interfaces, Abstract classes, inheritance, etc. It's still nice and fast and smooth.

TobyTyke(Posted 2007) [#2]
Cool start, It's great to see people are starting to post examples.

Great work CoderLaureate.

DrMark(Posted 2007) [#3]
Yep - I really think releasing Blitz in this form opens up the product to a whole new audience and am sure we'll end up seeing more complex and higher profile games being developed with this SDK. Directx7 is not a problem for me (as long as it runs under VISTA) - it just means your end product works on more machines.

I'm using C++ and though I have used Blitz3D in the past for smaller apps I have some big C++ projects that I wouldn't even attempt to write in basic with the Blitz3D IDE.

On the downside I'm struggling to get an answer on a possible memory leak issue I'm having with images that renders my project broken - link here: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=70734. As we don't have access to the source I would like to know if an update is planned and if there is a memory leak it's going to be addressed.

But overall it's $100 well spent and something I have been waiting for.

IKG(Posted 2007) [#4]
Nice code, although could you compile it for us next time ;)

CoderLaureate(Posted 2007) [#5]
sorry, thought I had the exe included in the bin folder. Here's the compiled exe.

errno!(Posted 2007) [#6]
If you think C# and B3d is nice, you should C# and XNA.

My engine does thing that b3d couldn't musta if john carmack was the one coding the engine.

Power.

POWRER!!!!

skidracer(Posted 2007) [#7]
Jim, please do not redistribute source code covered by the blitz3dsdk license.

CoderLaureate(Posted 2007) [#8]
Woops! Sorry, link removed.

CoderLaureate(Posted 2007) [#9]
>>If you think C# and B3d is nice, you should C# and XNA.

I have XNA. I'm not crazy about the fact that you *must* use C# express. I paid $1,200 USD for my MSDN library and use VS.Net 2005 nearly every day of the week. I have written several custom Macros that make my programming easier, and can't use them in the C# Express version.

Besides XNA is pretty complicated compared to the simplicity of using B3D SDK.