Distributing files for new language support?

Archives Forums/Blitz3D SDK Programming/Distributing files for new language support?

Pepsi(Posted 2007) [#1]
I was curious of this as im wanting to use b3dsdk with the EBasic language. Im currently still writting the includes for it and will want to share it for FREE.

Obvioulsy I will just want to share the ebasic include file( like a c header file) that access the dll with a new b3d.lib file that ebasic generated to call the b3d.dll functions. and some sample code as well... (i: will not distribute any main b3d sdk stuff )

Am I only able to share those files here on the forum? Do I need to send what i have to mark or simon to be included in the main b3d sdk distribution?

I just want to do the right thing the first time around. thanks for info/help...

skidracer(Posted 2007) [#2]
If you could, please submit directly to me. It sounds like the next release could also feature delphi and free pascal bindings also.

Barnabius(Posted 2007) [#3]
I've already made the EBasic include, and PowerBASIC include. Will send them over.

Pepsi, did you make the keywords highlighted in the EBasic IDE?

Barney

Pepsi(Posted 2007) [#4]
Hi Barney,

Cool deal then. With EBasic you can either use the .inc or the .incc for the import delcarations not both. If you want the highlighted commands just setup an .incc to import the functions with the $command and stick in the bin directory.

But, Paul told me that .incc command paks are not officially supported with EBasic and he plans to drop the .incc stuff all together in EBasic 2.0. So if you have just the .inc include file that will probably be best for now.

I just now asked him if he plans for some kind of keyword highlighting for command names themselfs that we could add in the future. hopefully he will.

Just so I wont reivent wheels here ;) , what kind of examples if any you've included with your EBasic support? I have the setup.bb converted over as I was wanting to port over the Mak samples. Also was wanting to make examples for the bbSetBlitz3DDebugCallback and bbSetBlitz3DEventCallback functions. Actually, I'll do them anyway just for the fun of it just in case i dont get a reply for awhile.

Also, did you just generate the b3d.lib file from the 'create import library' and worked off of that? I had renamed the the b3d.lib to blitz3dsdk.lib to try to keep it on par with the blitz3d sdk distribution, but it does feel like it's a step that isn't needed.

thx

Barnabius(Posted 2007) [#5]
Hi Todd,

long time no see. ;) I've done the proper .inc translation but I also created .incc file but it is used only to highlight the SDK functions. So, you actually can use both files at the same time :)

I am planning to do all the examples or at least as many as possible so that EBasic support will be similar to BMax support. But it would be great if we can share some of the work so that we can share the glory ;) I'd dearly love to see how you cope with Callback functions as I haven't been able to use them properly so far.

I've used "blitz3dsdk.h" as the starting point and created my "blitz3dsdk.inc" from that.

"b3d.lib" file must be created by EBasic as it is used during linking but otherwise it's not necessary for "blitz3dsdk.inc" creation. It's best for every EBasic user to create b3d.lib file with their own installation of EBasic. Sometimes it may be problematic to use .lib file created on someone else's system. That's why I would not like to put it into the Blitz3D SDK distribution package.

Can you contact me at the address in my profile, please.

Barney

Pepsi(Posted 2007) [#6]
Cool, Ill send an email your way....

SopiSoft(Posted 2007) [#7]
>"skidracer:
>If you could, please submit directly to me. It sounds like the next release could also feature delphi and free pascal bindings also."

Whenever that happens i'm gonna buy the Blitz3D SDK immediately. ;-) I still love Delphi programming. :-D