Feature Requests

Archives Forums/Blitz3D SDK Programming/Feature Requests

DStastny(Posted 2007) [#1]
I have been playing with the SDK and having some fun with it. Now I know there is a version coming with some fixes so I figured I would ask to see if some addtional allbacks could be added.

OnEntityFreeEvent(int handle)

This would be most useful to keep our external objects in sync with the Blitz Objects.

Another nice setof callbacks to create a UserDefined Entity.

OnUpdate
OnRender(camera info...)

The first request is hugely more important the UserDefined Entiy would be nice icing
Thanks
Doug

Jin(Posted 2007) [#2]
I did not like these functions ,they are like scripts ,I think we can do these things by ourselves ,using OOP ,STL or what ever...that's the advantage for C++, otherwise ,just use BB3d is enough.

I think "BBSDK" should focus on the graphics, sounds, input ...so that, the users can focus on the game play part.

Enjoying...

DStastny(Posted 2007) [#3]
Um Jin,

You have no idea what i asked for. These function are so you can bind a C++ object to the internal blitz object So when it goes out of scope in the DLL you can free your own object.

This has nothing to do with scripting. The User Object is so callbacks are so you can extend the rendering and add features not in B3D.

So if you think you can do it your self tell me how you will Free your C++ object when it goes out of scope and how you can extend the render pipeline.

Doug

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#4]
They can not go out of scope in the DLL without you calling the free function, so you already know when the event happens.

DStastny(Posted 2007) [#5]
@Dreamora

Not if i call ClearWorld, or EndGraphics :)

(Edit)
I am trying to make this clean. I am sticking my object in the Entity Id. If the Enity is being freed without my explicit call I want to know about it.

Doug