Updates

Archives Forums/Blitz3D SDK Programming/Updates

Ian Thompson(Posted 2007) [#1]
Will there be feature updates to this product... DX9 support, Shaders etc...?

Filax(Posted 2007) [#2]
I agree :) I think it's time to upgrade this great and robust 3D engine :)

Abrexxes(Posted 2007) [#3]
> DX9 support, Shaders etc...?

BM first please!

Ian Thompson(Posted 2007) [#4]
I don't mind buying but like any SDK, I'd like to know the companies plans for its future development and support before I do?

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2007) [#5]
Mark has said before that the structure of B3D (hence surely B3D SDK) makes it a massive re-write to slot in a new renderer, and that he considers it a complete product (bar bug fix updates)

popcade(Posted 2007) [#6]
>future development

Bugs will get fixed... nothing else.

Ian Thompson(Posted 2007) [#7]
OK, well, accepting that as true(It still could be a completely new product emulating the B3D command set)... This is kinda weird, um, a DX7 3D Graphics SDK, with no chance of feature updates?

Now this is NOT a whine, I am genuinely confused at its proposed market target?

popcade(Posted 2007) [#8]
B3DSDK doesn't claim it's a new product.. it only says you can use B3D in your favorite language, it's already a big benefit.

Those who think it'll get a DX9 update, there'll be a long way till then, or never happen.

Ian Thompson(Posted 2007) [#9]
OK, Ill bow out to those who need this functionality... its simply too out of date for the features I personally require.

Good luck.

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#10]
As so far no official BRL representative posted: I would like to get the answer to that question as well.

Blitz3D is nice no question, but as the SDK is sold as stand alone product, what is the planed future of the SDK?

I'm not interested in knowing the future of BM or B3D, just the one of the SDK which is sold on its own.

Xaron(Posted 2007) [#11]
Well. If it's just BB3D compiled as a DLL instead of an EXE (what I think) then it will be hard to update it to DX9+. I'd love it but it won't happen - unfortunately.

Regards - Xaron

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#12]
As you are no BRL representative, this does not answer my question. If you want to add your comment on something without beeing of any use, there is a general discussion board.

PS: I did not ask if it will learn DX9.
But there is still massive potential in DX7 that Blitz3D just does not use and I want to know if they are planning to implement it, or just make users pay twice for the same thing cause in that case I could just wrap the DLL myself.

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#13]
I think the answer to this question came in another thread where Simon said about persuading Mark to sell the SDK, giving him the contract and this product financing B3D updates.

In other words, if people buy it in enough numbers, it will be financially viable for Simon to work on it.