Trial version

Archives Forums/Blitz3D SDK Programming/Trial version

Brendane(Posted 2007) [#1]
Will there be one?

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2007) [#2]
What possible form would that take?

CGV(Posted 2007) [#3]
How about a .dll which displays a BRL logo like HGE does? I think PTK does it too. The license could simply restrict distribution of apps written with the trial version.

I think Mark is only expecting to sell this to people who already own Blitz3D and so don't need a trial version to know what it can do or more importantly how easily it can do it.

I, having no experience with Blitz3D or 3D in general, would really like a trial version before I shell out $100.

H&K(Posted 2007) [#4]
That was what I was going to say ;) A BIG water mark

deps(Posted 2007) [#5]
It could be time limited too.

degac(Posted 2007) [#6]
I agree. I already have Blitz3d but I would like to know how Blitz3dSDK works with Bmax+MaxGUI...
Every limit (watermark, entity-limit, time-limit) is acceptable for testing purpose...

Brendane(Posted 2007) [#7]
BRL?

Trial version?

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#8]
as TV3D is able to do trials of a dll based 3D engine, there is definitely nothing prevent BRL (or better skid) from doing it.

Barnabius(Posted 2007) [#9]
Actually, there is a way of testing the SDK right now. Just download B3DViewer from this thread and you have the most important piece - the DLL. Startup your language of choice, make some declarations and presto! You have B3D SDK running with your favourite language. Easy...

And before someone asks. Function names are posted here. As for the necessary parameters, just look into your Blitz3D docs. Everything's there. :-)

Barney

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#10]
If I wanted to do it the dirty way I would just use BlitzSys.dll you know from Blitz3D ...

Barnabius(Posted 2007) [#11]
B3D.DLL is upgraded and it is part of the SDK package, so it's definitely the best thing to use. Also, some people may not have Blitz3D.

Barney

Mesh(Posted 2007) [#12]

Startup your language of choice, make some declarations and presto!

Ha ha ha :) Nice idea!