Aditional 3rd party SDKs?

Archives Forums/Blitz3D SDK Programming/Aditional 3rd party SDKs?

TheRalf(Posted 2007) [#1]
Ok, Blitz3D has extensive 3rd party support. Like JV-ODE, EasyTOK, some shadow and post fx libraries, etc.

How high are chances to get a few of them for the B3D SDK? What I want are things like realtime shadows, physics and normalmapping. Those should be possible with DX 7 and since I use PureBasic the multithreading capabilities could give some exciting speed increases on dual core PCs.

Avon(Posted 2007) [#2]
Yep, I too would like to get JV-ODE and Particle Candy (and the million other 3rd party libraries I have) working with the B3D SDK, but I know it'll be time consuming. Maybe a clever user will figure out how to do it quickly. :)

ZJP(Posted 2007) [#3]
Indee. that's a pb.
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=70157

Barnabius(Posted 2007) [#4]
Particle Candy or nSprite2 are easy. They are written in Blitz3D and when you purchase them you get the source code. So what's stopping you to rewrite parts that you need in the language you are using the B3D SDK with? Probably the time involved in such rewrite. But unless the authors decide to do it for you and charge for their work, it may well be the only path to take.

A lot of other libs are nothing more than DLL's, which should be callable just like the Blitz3DSDK.DLL. So, where's the problem?

Barney

TheRalf(Posted 2007) [#5]
The problem is that I've got no clue how to interface Newton with PureBasic and B3D SDK. Maybe filax will be so kind to do a Easy TOK that can be used with the SDK. But I guess all I've got to do is converting the include files for the DLL.

VIP3R(Posted 2007) [#6]
JV-ODE should be simple enough to get working with the Blitz3D SDK. If you're using BlitzMax with the SDK, the BlitzMax (Win32) version of JV-ODE should already work in its existing form.

You can use JV-ODE with any language capable of interfacing using the _stdcall calling convention btw.

[edit] If there's enough interest I can release a demo pack for BlitzMax with all of the B3D JV-ODE demos converted to run using the SDK version.