Not really for Bmax is it?

Archives Forums/Blitz3D SDK Programming/Not really for Bmax is it?

H&K(Posted 2007) [#1]
BRL are indeed about to release a Blitz3D SDK for use with C, C++ etc

It seems strange to me that BMax was not included as a seperate Language, rather than lumped with "Etc"
This would imply that although the sdk will probably work with Bmax, this is not really one of its target languages.

Also the "with C", bit again seems to imply that its going to be a set of functions (C) rather than a set of objects

Obviously you dont want to disstracte potential sales to Bmax users, but would it be incorrect of me to say, that this is not really going to be a lot better, (if at all), than MiniB3D (or IrrB3D), in terms of speed and object access?

Also, whilst I have your attention, will this be a one platform product?

degac(Posted 2007) [#2]
I'm not a C expert but I think that using B3dSDK with Bmax is not impossibile to do.
Of course Bmax is MULTI Platform, B3dSdk NOT - so it's not wrong wait Mark wrote...

Barnabius(Posted 2007) [#3]
Blitz3D SDK works with BMax. There was a thread by Filax where we were able to download his B3DViewer written in BMax and using B3D SDK. The thread was removed because the download contained the Blitz3DSDK.DLL, which still is not for sale. I've managed to get it running with two other indie languages so it looks like it's going to be another winner for BRL! :)

Barney

Avon(Posted 2007) [#4]
If this does work with BlitzMax, and I can also get it working with a 3rd party physics system, then my wallet is at the ready!

(tu) sinu(Posted 2007) [#5]
so basically we'd be getting blitz3d in other languages?

Sledge(Posted 2007) [#6]
If it had been ported to OpenGL and was available as a cross-platform Max module I would've been pretty interested -- lucky Win C/C++/C#'ers!

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2007) [#7]
That would be a lot more work and a large rewrite.

dynaman(Posted 2007) [#8]
> so basically we'd be getting blitz3d in other languages?

Yup

siread(Posted 2007) [#9]
So is it possible to use max2d commands along with the 3d?