Dual Monitors and GadgetWidth(Desktop())...

Archives Forums/MaxGUI Bug Reports/Dual Monitors and GadgetWidth(Desktop())...

jsp(Posted 2009) [#1]
MaxGui 1.34 does not calculate correctly the ClientWidth(Desktop()) or GadgetWidth(Desktop())... when using dual monitors.

Checkout this thread:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=87185

Here the test code again from TheHand to do a quick test:

skidracer(Posted 2009) [#2]
Enumerating of monitors is coming.

The current behavior is that the desktop gadget is equivalent to primary monitor.

Sorry to be dumb, but is this a bug or a request for change in behavior? I realize undocumented behavior is still a shortcoming of certain areas of MaxGUI.

jsp(Posted 2009) [#3]
In older versions the behavior was different thus i would call it a bug.
The ClientWidth(Desktop())/ClientHeight... was refering to the primary display only and the GadgetWidth(Desktop()) was returning the complete size.

theHand(Posted 2009) [#4]
This is a very low priority bug, however, as GadgetX() and GadgetY() do return the correct values (on Windows).
To all those reading [this on a Mac] with a multiple monitor setup, please test the code above on the second (or third, any after the primary) screen to check that it reports back the correct values (values greater than the dimensions of your current screen).
If it does, then this bug should go right above the nitpicky things in the list [of bugs], like the radius for curves of the "corners" of windows, and alpha transparency for windows (not the operating system Windows; lowercase meant to refer to windows across platforms).

jsp(Posted 2009) [#5]
It's probably not the most important bug, but when you need the info for your initialization code it could be a problem. The GadgetX() and GadgetY() is only available afterwards and I am not sure if that is secure.

Enumerating of monitors will do the trick perfectly. Waiting for that new feature.
But as we are changing the old behavior what will be the new one?
When I could enumerate the monitors the client area could be the real area without taskbar and the gadget area the full size?