[MaxGUI] Missing RemovePanelColor Command

Archives Forums/MaxGUI Bug Reports/[MaxGUI] Missing RemovePanelColor Command

SebHoll(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi,

Trying to tie up a few loose ends for Max'dGUI this weekend, and have noticed that there isn't a command to remove a panel color, so that it returns back to the default.

On Windows, using SetGadgetAlpha() breaks the redrawing of panels so I can't set than to 0, and I need to be able to get panels to become the same colour as the window etc. again.

I remember posting a similar bug report about the lack of a command to remove a background image from a pixmap which was very quickly fixed (thanks), so please could this be implemented as well.

Thanks

Seb

SebHoll(Posted 2006) [#2]
*Bump

Fabian.(Posted 2007) [#3]
*Bump

I'd like to see this feature as well.

Fabian.(Posted 2008) [#4]
This topic already celebrated its first birthday...

..was this feature implemented in the meanwhile? I couldn't find it, please tell me if it exists. If it doesn't I'd like to bring this feature request up again.

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#5]
was this feature implemented in the meanwhile?

Nope.

If it doesn't I'd like to bring this feature request up again.

Noted, although it may be quite difficult to implement. I'll have a look if I get some free time over the summer.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#6]
I'll have a look if I get some free time over the summer.

Well, here in Brum summer is long gone... dunno where you are!! :-p

Perhaps the easiest method might be to remember the original colour.. and set it back to that? (although getting the value of the original colour might be interesting...)

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#7]
Well, here in Brum summer is long gone...

Tell me about it... :-(

(although getting the value of the original colour might be interesting...)

Precisely, but also, panels without a colour set should be effectively transparent and show the parent's background (which may or may not be a fixed colour).

Although to be honest, they are only my first thoughts... Haven't really looked into it yet - it might be really easy...

Yan(Posted 2008) [#8]
I may be misunderstanding what you want but, on Win32 at least, can't you simply use GetSysColor(COLOR_3DFACE) for this?

I've used it for disabled colour picker gadgets, which are just coloured panels, and it works a treat.

skidracer(Posted 2010) [#9]
RemoveGadgetColor added in next release