Completely Lost!

Archives Forums/MacOS X Discussion/Completely Lost!

SLotman(Posted 2012) [#1]
I've updated to the latest xcode, and now all hell broke loose here =(

If I sign an app with an entitlements file, it doesn't run: shows "illegal instruction 4" and dies. I sign it up with no entitlements file, everything works.

Even worst: I made the .pkg, but uploading it to the mac app store, Application Loader complains that "the product archive is invalid. The application bundle doesn't contain an icon on ICNS format, containing a 512x512@2x image"

I've tried google, but couldn't find anything related...

Does anyone have any hints for me? I'm going crazy over here...

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012

SLotman(Posted 2012) [#2]
Urg, apparently now all apps needs also a 1024x1024 icon, so I had to download a new Icon Composer (the old one was removed from XCode, Apple now tells people to use a command line tool do create icons!!) from http://securityfocus.eu/?page_id=2 to create a new icns... I'm trying to upload it now, let's see if it will work =(

Edit: Phew, it went through... now I have to hope the app is approved, without the entitlements file =P

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012

SLotman(Posted 2012) [#3]
I'm going crazy over here... now, on another game, I did everything - signed the game (no entitlements...), create the .pkg, uploaded it to the mac app store... and all I get is invalid binary, even though the .app and the .pkg works!

I have the correct icon, the .plist is correct... I don't know what else I could be doing wrong.

Does anyone have any hints? I'm almost giving up on Apple...

Edit: OUCH! It was the lack of an entitlements file?!?! I managed to get the game going with it, and now the app store accepted it.

Crazy. I can't understand why I can sign a game with entitlements, and not the other... (they both are made with blitzmax, use same routines for loading/saving stuff, so they should both work, or both fail!)

Last edited 2012

D4NM4N(Posted 2012) [#4]
I know how you feel. It took us -days- to publish our first app, then for each app afterwards, it went smooth, then it went wrong, then it went smooth, then updates which screw it up, then it crashed, then it went smooth, then some key expired, then it went smooth, rejected, smooth, crashed, updates , expired, smooth, wrong, smooth..... etc....

-Publishing on apple is like sliding on your butt down a neverending slope very fast with a mixture of smooth plastic, sandpaper and broken glass for a surface.

Last edited 2012

SLotman(Posted 2012) [#5]
I finally got it approved - the entitlements file is something simple, the thing I was doing wrong was creating the file *inside* the app bundle - the file must be outside, and it's only used when signing the app for the app store.