Fresh OS X Lion install, needs more?

Archives Forums/MacOS X Discussion/Fresh OS X Lion install, needs more?

Dinosorceror(Posted 2012) [#1]
I just installed BlitzMax for my Mac, and I picked up Xcode from the App Store, and I don't seem to have any of the compilers from Xcode present on my machine that BlitzMax needs.

I have also noticed that I have an older version of Xcode still installed under a Developer root folder, where as the new one from the App Store just shows up under Applications.

Kinda surprised there isn't a sticky in this section with general OS X install instructions, as I don't see any in the archive...any help?

BlitzMax v1.48
MaxIDE v1.42
XCode Version 4.3.3 (4E3002)

I also saw the topic here about creating symbolic links to g++, but it's not showing up at all on my system.

d-bug(Posted 2012) [#2]
1. In XCode 4.3.x open preferences go to downloads section and install the Command Line Tools from the Components section. That's it, I guess...

2. Once BlitzMax is running, you can delete the XCode Version in the Developer folder, if you like to. All System bindings are linked to the version in the Applications folder.

3. Yep, surprised me to, a few months ago. :>

4. Forget about the symbolic links. This is not needed since BlitzMax 1.48. (Has it ever worked?)

Dinosorceror(Posted 2012) [#3]
Thanks, that did the trick!

Winni(Posted 2012) [#4]
Just for the record, the command line tools are also available as a standalone download from Apple's Developer page. You actually don't need to install Xcode first when the command line tools are all that you want or need.