Altering BMK

Archives Forums/MacOS X Discussion/Altering BMK

SLotman(Posted 2011) [#1]
Just to share with you guys something I did here: I was tired of every time I recompiled my Mac binary, to have to edit the info.plist file, and have to re-update the icon image, which gets overwritten on every compilation.

Well, no more! Open your bmk.bmx and change this:

Then recompile (with Build GUI app off!). Copy the file into your /bin/ folder, and presto! Those files will be created only once, not overwritten every time :)

ima747(Posted 2011) [#2]
Another option (the one I use) is to use Brucy's bmk which supports post compile scripts. I have a post.bmk for each of my projects which installs the icon and plist files among other tweaks and adjustments...

Would be really REALLY nice if bmax had inbuilt support to target an icon and application data that was cross platform (auto build a .o for windows, control the plist etc. on mac...) but it can be tweaked as needed...

On the subject of poking around at the internals of mac .apps a reminder: if you're going to submit to Mac App Store your binary can't have any spaces in it, and since it has to be referenced from your plist just something to keep in mind when you set your file names etc. unless you want to tweak it all by hand before bundling later...