A word of warning about XCode 4

Archives Forums/MacOS X Discussion/A word of warning about XCode 4

ima747(Posted 2011) [#1]
Not strictly relevant here since Bmax just uses GCC etc. out of xcode, not the whole IDE. However I imagine a fair number of mac devs dabble outside of bmax so I thought I'd share.

Beware of XCode 4. Apple is pushing it out too fast. The GM is more like a bad alpha which is shocking for apple. Even the people who love the changes (I'm on the fence I see pros and cons) all agree that it's very broken (no one says they can use it for more than 30 minutes without a crash, my record was 10...). And it has personally destroyed a number of my files in my current project (thank got for time machine...). And this is just the tip of the iceberg for issues (check the official forums for LOTS more).

Just a warning, let it cook for a little longer, it's just not ready yet.

Brucey(Posted 2011) [#2]
Shame... I thought the beta was excellent (can't remember which b-number it is), and have been using it for ages.

ima747(Posted 2011) [#3]
Yea, the forums say about DP5 was great, DP6 was buggy and now GM is just un-usable in it's current state...

Gabriel(Posted 2011) [#4]
I keep getting emails about this. I can't say I was particularly tempted, but thanks for the heads up all the same.