Minimizing window problem

Archives Forums/MacOS X Discussion/Minimizing window problem

SLotman(Posted 2011) [#1]
I just found out something: minimizing the window on MacOS doesn't trigger AppSuspended()!

Have anyone encoutered this issue, and have any hints on how to fix that?

SLotman(Posted 2011) [#2]
Nevermind, found the solution here: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=74641

Grey Alien(Posted 2011) [#3]
Holy crap I totally forgot about this when I recently upgraded BlitzMax and recompiled some games and now they don't have a minimise button. This is why it should be built into BMax and not a manual modification! Maybe we should bring it up in the BMax forum to see if Mark will add it. But I guess after the release of Monkey...

Yan(Posted 2011) [#4]
This...
Graphics 800, 600, 0

Local out = False

Repeat
	Select WaitEvent()
		Case EVENT_APPSUSPEND
			Print "Suspend"

Case EVENT_APPRESUME
			Print "Resume"

Case EVENT_APPTERMINATE
			Print "Bye bye"
			out = true

Case EVENT_KEYDOWN
			If EventData() = KEY_ESCAPE
				Print "Bye bye"
				out = True
			EndIf

End select

If AppSuspended() Then Print "AppSuspended()"
Until out

end
..Works fine on Win32 when hitting the minimize button. If this isn't working on OSX, it should be reported as a bug.

Last edited by your momma

Last edited 2011

Grey Alien(Posted 2011) [#5]
There's no minimise button on OSX unless you modify the core modules. So the fact it doesn't minimise when clicked may not be viewed as a bug seeing as the OSX BMax doesn't even support having the minimise button in the first place. I could chance it and submit as a bug though.

SLotman(Posted 2011) [#6]
I agree it's not a bug - just a missing feature. Anyway, the code on the link above works, so no big deal :)

Yan(Posted 2011) [#7]
Ah, I assumed that when Mark added the minimise feature to windowed mode, it was across *all* platforms. It is rather unusual for that not to be the case.

Also, your initial post did fortify that assumption as there was no mention of a hack being involved. :o)

However, such a discrepancy across platforms could still be considered a bug.

Grey Alien(Posted 2011) [#8]
Either way, it's stinky, and I'd like it fixed/added.

Grey Alien(Posted 2011) [#9]
Tested that the fix still works on latest BMax and OSX and it does, then posted in bugs: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=93412