Time Machine and BlitzMax problem..

Archives Forums/MacOS X Discussion/Time Machine and BlitzMax problem..

Im not called nick!(Posted 2010) [#1]
Building Modules
Compiling:blitz_app.c
sh: gcc: command not found
Build Error: failed to compile /Applications/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_app.c
Process complete

Look familiar to anyone?!!

I've just reinstalled from Time Machine, following a few hardware problems (now fixed). Of course, now Max won't work! I've rebuilt the documentation no problem, and it just wont reuild the modules! Can't run any sample programs, or my own stuff (which all worked fine before!).

I have re-downloaded the program and installed from fresh, re-downloaded MaxGUI module, and installed in correct location, and back to the above message!!

I fixed something like this when I first installed Max on my Mac, but I'm going cross-eyed trying to remember what I did! Help!

(I'm hoping this is something really obvious I am overlooking!)

(also, I have downloaded the developer tools originally to fix Max, but haven't done this a second time, as time machine has restored the stuff for me. I have opened a few programs from the developer folder and they run fine on my reinstalled system...)

Im not called nick!(Posted 2010) [#2]
(oh, and /Applications/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_app.c does exist in the folder!)

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#3]
That file may well exist, but does XCode ?

sh: gcc: command not found

...implies not.

Im not called nick!(Posted 2010) [#4]
Very well spotted monsieur!

I just re-ran my developer download, reinstalled the developer tools and now it all runs like clockwork!

so, no probs with max anymore!

Thanks!

Im not called nick!(Posted 2010) [#5]
(this is my final comment!)

Why is it always the simple stuff we overlook? Why not the fabulously complicated things?!!!

I now feel suitably embarrassed that I didn't try this first before posting(!)

My only defence is that I've spent a good while troubleshooting and then fixing a broken mac - a bad memory fault, both on the mac and in my head!

:)

ima747(Posted 2010) [#6]
Best reason to get an oversized drive for time machine so you can let it suck up everything including your xcode install. If you ever have a drive just go on you one day being able to be back in work mode in about an hour via spare hd and recovery from time capsule is life changing... On top of those "crap, What was that function I deleted an hour ago?" per file time steps :0)