BM program not refused to open internet connection

Archives Forums/MacOS X Discussion/BM program not refused to open internet connection

explosive(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi altogether,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but the problem is really struggeling me.

I've written a programme that checks if new files are available in the internet. It all worked fine till I shut down my computer yesterday and restarted it a few hours later to continue coding. This time the connection to the internet was denied (didn't get a handle from ReadStream()).
At first I thought it might be an error by the compiler because I could establish a connection before scanning the current directory but not after that function. So I tried to reproduce the problem in a bit easier code to report a bug. But didn't work.
In the very end I opened a new document in the MaxIDE, copied the whole code in there and saved the stuff under a new name and suddenly everything is fine. This is why I think it might be a problem of MacOS.

I just don't have a clue what it might be. I can't find anything in my firewall that seems to be blocking it, there's nothing special about the programme-permission and I can't find any help in the internet.
Did anybody experience something similar? Maybe someone knows how to get rid of that problem.

My thanks
Simon

[EDIT] Maybe you're interested in my system specs:
BlitzMax 1.33, MaxGUI 1.32
MacOS 10.5.7 (MacMini: 2x1.83Ghz, 2GBRAM)

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#2]
Do you use Little Snitch? That is application specific - although it does usually ask you before accessing the internet with a new app.

explosive(Posted 2009) [#3]
Hi Brucey,

no I don't. I just have Apples firewall running which only askes me when setting up a server.

Simon