My app aborts system restart

Archives Forums/MacOS X Discussion/My app aborts system restart

zambani(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi everyone.
If anyone can help, for some reason when my blitzmax apps is running and I try to restart the Mac, a screen pops up that says that the restart has beeen aborted.

Can anyone tell me how to prevent this from happening so the Mac just restart?

Thanks

Manromen(Posted 2009) [#2]
It seems, that your app hangs,

try to quit your app before you restart with alt+cmd+escape

[Edit]
You may have to implement the handle of an Quit Event.
Do you use MaxGUI ?

zambani(Posted 2009) [#3]
Thanks for responding Manroman.

It is a MaxGui App.
Quit from the menu and command+Q(or whatever) also works fine.
In fact when I go to restart or logout, my App does quit but then the Mac pops up the message that my app canceled the restart when in fact my app is no longer running.

I also notice the same behavior in the Blitzmax IDE. I'm wondering if the fault is in the way Blitzmax quits on the Mac.

If you have the time and MaxGui, try starting the IDE then go to the apple menu and logout. That message should pop up.

Please let me know what you find .

Thanks a lot

Manromen(Posted 2009) [#4]
Ah okay,

i just tested it.

If i'm running the IDE and go to Apple -> logout, the application quits, but i get the popup message and the logout aborts.

Seems to be a Blitzmax Bug :-)

zambani(Posted 2009) [#5]
Manromen,
Thanks a lot for checking it out. For a second I thought there was something wrong with the apps I was writing.

William Drescher(Posted 2009) [#6]
Quick note: If the system gives a "Quit" command to an application but it doesn't quit, logout, shutdown, or restart will be aborted. This is usually incase you have an update running and you try to shutdown, you can cancel the quitting of the update program and the system won't shutdown. :)