opendialog requestfile$

Archives Forums/MacOS X Discussion/opendialog requestfile$

Warner(Posted 2009) [#1]
When I'm opening a dialog with Requestfile$ on MacOS, if I click next to the dialog, the dialog dissapears and I can't seem to find it back. My application keeps waiting for the dialog to finish, and if I click on the app. window it force quits. Is there any way to bring back to open dialog ? I tried Apple+Tab, but with no succes.

TaskMaster(Posted 2009) [#2]
I am not sure about Mac, but nothing pisses me off more on Windows than a window that does not show up on the taskbar. If you click and send it to the back, it is a pain to get it back again.

This is where Vista got better. Many of the OS dialog boxes actually appear on the taskbar now. Like when you right click on a drive or file and choose properties. in XP, that window did not sow up on the taskbar. In Vista it does.

Let this be a lesson to all of us programmers. Always make your windows/child windows show up on the taskbar, unless they are tied to your app and will not go behind you app, so bringing your app to the front brings the child window to the front.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#3]
The issue is probably because the dialog is NOT a child of a window. Usually when you create a dialog you provide a Parent to which the child belongs.

Without this relationship, you are likely to have the issues you see now.