Iphone SDK Download

Archives Forums/MacOS X Discussion/Iphone SDK Download

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#1]
..hey guys, any of you already have downloaded IPhone SDK? I mean..did you create apple account and is there any free since I have tried to download but its require email account mac.com and its not free...I thought i can get SDK for free?

johnnyfreak(Posted 2008) [#2]
I downloaded the SDK for free.

You must create an apple id account (it can be different from mac.com, i used gmail). Then, after logging in, you can access the download page.

Iphone SDK is integrated with XCode and a has a good emulator for your applications.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#3]
..yup..got it now...great thingy...

smilertoo(Posted 2009) [#4]
i plan to test my opengl in bmax, then try porting it to iphone bit by bit.

JaviCervera(Posted 2009) [#5]
@smilertoo: Please have in mind that iPhone does not use OpenGL, but OpenGL|ES. Very similar, but not exactly the same.

You will for sure have to rewrite many things in the port to iPhone, because you used OpenGL functions or features not available on OGLES (for example, glBegin/glEnd, sphere mapping, the GLU library...)

wedoe(Posted 2009) [#6]
Love my iPhone, seems like I have to pay up for a Mac to get to program it.
(And I see great potential in it)

All the mess getting the SDK running PROPERLY on any other setup is prolly not worth it.....

Oh, well !

:)

Winni(Posted 2009) [#7]

on any other setup

Would setup would that be? A Hackintosh? The SDK only runs on OS X so you have to get that running on a compatible machine. An Intel Mac, of course, is the easiest - and most expensive - option. But installing OS X on non-Apple hardware does not seem to be that difficult anymore as long as you don't use too exotic hardware. And Apple's EULA in all likelihood is only a problem in the US.

wedoe(Posted 2009) [#8]
Seems like Dell Mini 9 works 100% flawless with Leopard, no hack needed.
This one sells for as little as $200 !!
Only backdraw is small screen but you can always hook up a separate monitor.

The Lenovo S10 is a bit bigger (and faster) and the pricetag is slightly bigger, but this laptop also runs Leopard except for the ethernet connection port. Wifi works fine, as does camera, sound and GFX card.

This is the cheapest way to get a "Mac" but Mac Mini is not all too expensive either....