NSS4 Please Test

Archives Forums/MacOS X Discussion/NSS4 Please Test

siread(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hi guys. This is my first attempt at a MacOS X app. Please let me know if I have done everything the "right" way and see how the game runs. :)

http://download.newstargames.com/NSS4_Match_Beta_1.3.dmg

Winni(Posted 2008) [#2]
First problem: This baby is Intel-only, and I've just downloaded it to my PowerBook G4 where it naturally won't run.

Anyway, I'll take a look at it on my Intel Mac in a few minutes.

Second issue: The .dmg file has the label "Disk Image", which is not very nice. You should change that. And while you're at it, you could also give it some background graphics; OS X image files can have that and that makes them look much nicer. ;-)

Winni(Posted 2008) [#3]
Ok, I had it running on my Intel machine - works very well in windowed mode. However, it did not react to the "Quit" command in the app's default menu. Closing the game by clicking on the window's "x" button did also not work. I did not find a quick other way to close the app, so I used Finder's "Force Quit" - which is not very nice, I think this needs fixing.

I am not a soccer fan at all, so I won't even try to judge the game play or user interface. But what I can say is that thanks to the great audio it really feels like a football stadium. Very well done! :)

siread(Posted 2008) [#4]
Thanks El Winni. I'll work on those suggestions. :)