Getting FAT32/NTFS Read/Writable?

Archives Forums/MacOS X Discussion/Getting FAT32/NTFS Read/Writable?

Genexi2(Posted 2007) [#1]
Something that's starting to become a nuisance for me on my bootcamped MacBook is that I am required to have my jumpdrive handy to move files about my two partitions.

Are there any suggestions to getting my Leopard/WinXP partitions to be able to fully read/write to each other?

All I could find was a set of drivers for the Mac side of things, but nothing for Windows.
(that and I'm unsure whether or not to try the aforementioned drivers incase it screws something up)

Winni(Posted 2007) [#2]
I don't have anything that allows Mac OS X to write to NTFS partitions, but there is a great tool available for Windows XP/Vista that lets it write to Mac partitions: MacDrive from Mediafour. It costs around 50 USD, but it really works very welll. www.mediafour.com

Tricky(Posted 2007) [#3]
Personally I have my portable harddisk formatted in FAT32 and that runs great on as well Windows Vista, Windows XP and MacOS X. (Tiger)

NTFS is as far as I know a protected partition type of which only MicroSoft appears to have the rights. Reading is allowed, writing not. Linux also ain't able to write to NTFS partitions as far as my info goes.

But FAT32, all my memory sticks, portable harddrives and stuff are formatted in that and as well Mac as Windows do read it and write it.