BlitzMax and Leopard (10.5)

Archives Forums/MacOS X Discussion/BlitzMax and Leopard (10.5)

TikiDays(Posted 2007) [#1]
I can confirm BlitzMax appears to be working fine under 10.5, you will need to reinstall the Developers Kit off the Leopard DVD as it disables your 10.4 developer kit and BlitzMax will not compile.

DavidDC(Posted 2007) [#2]
I had to fiddle with freeprocess.c and cocoa.macos.m but otherwise all seems well so far.

Loving the new features!

- David

TikiDays(Posted 2007) [#3]
Yes, I did notice those, I wondered if it was just me. What was the fix?

MrTAToad(Posted 2007) [#4]
Bit of a crosspost, but I get this error message when rebuilding BlitzMax (and with the developer tools installed) :

In file included from /Applications/Blitz Basic/mod/axe.mod/portaudio.mod/portaudio_v18_1/pa_mac_core/pa_mac_core.c:124:
/Applications/Blitz Basic/mod/axe.mod/portaudio.mod/portaudio_v18_1/pa_common/pa_host.h:55: error: conflicting types for 'uint32'
/System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Headers/cssmconfig.h:64: error: previous declaration of 'uint32' was here
Build Error: failed to compile /Applications/Blitz Basic/mod/axe.mod/portaudio.mod/portaudio_v18_1/pa_mac_core/pa_mac_core.c
Process complete

Removing axe.mod and you get :

error:incompatible type for argument 4 of 'mouseEventWithType:location:modifierFlags'

DavidDC(Posted 2007) [#5]
Yes, I did notice those, I wondered if it was just me. What was the fix?

Check here

Garfield(Posted 2007) [#6]
After installing the XCodeTools the following error occurs:

Building Modules
Compiling:blitz_app.c
sh: gcc: command not found
Build Error: failed to compile /Applications/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_app.c
Process complete

and synchronize shows this:

Synchronize Modules
Synchronizing: brl
Connecting to server: www.blitzbasic.com/modserver126
Receiving: brl.cocoamaxgui
Receiving: brl.win32maxgui
sh: ranlib: command not found
Receiving: brl.maxgui
Receiving: brl.fltkmaxgui
Synchronizing: pub
Connecting to server: www.blitzbasic.com/modserver126
Synchronizing docs

Process complete

nothing works :(

Garfield(Posted 2007) [#7]
OK, my mistake,

to save space on my harddisk I skipped the UNIX installation :)

but now:

synchronize the modules from server --> OK

Rebuild all modules:

(after delete the NILS with spaces like the other post says - these Command lines have a different number to the post?!?)

/Applications/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/cocoamaxgui.mod/cocoa.macos.m: In function 'NSPopupMenu':
/Applications/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/cocoamaxgui.mod/cocoa.macos.m:2135: error: 'windowNumber' undeclared (first use in this function)
/Applications/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/cocoamaxgui.mod/cocoa.macos.m:2135: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/Applications/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/cocoamaxgui.mod/cocoa.macos.m:2135: error: for each function it appears in.)
/Applications/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/cocoamaxgui.mod/cocoa.macos.m:2139: error: syntax error before ']' token
Build Error: failed to compile /Applications/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/cocoamaxgui.mod/cocoa.macos.m

SebHoll(Posted 2007) [#8]
(after delete the NILS with spaces like the other post says - these Command lines have a different number to the post?!?)

The post says to replace the Nils with zeroes, i.e. "0". I don't think he meant spaces " ".

Garfield(Posted 2007) [#9]
OK,

the zeroes are the right one (I´ve read it and ignored it)

but now it stops here:

/Applications/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/freeprocess.mod/freeprocess.c: In function 'fdProcess':
/Applications/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/freeprocess.mod/freeprocess.c:93: error: too many arguments to function 'setpgrp'
Build Error: failed to compile /Applications/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/freeprocess.mod/freeprocess.c

DavidDC(Posted 2007) [#10]
Follow the link in my post above Garfield.

-David

Garfield(Posted 2007) [#11]
Thanks, in the future i will read the complete post FIRST