October 26th

Archives Forums/MacOS X Discussion/October 26th

Genexi2(Posted 2007) [#1]
Leopard comes out.

Now I'm just sitting here hoping that they'll upgrade their MacBook Pro line-up along with it, rather than just shipping them with the updated OS on their current hardware.

Matthew Smith(Posted 2007) [#2]
An expensive service pack.... ;)

Genexi2(Posted 2007) [#3]
Won't cost me a dime though!

Been waiting on this to come out before purchasing the MacBook Pro I've been eyeing, which albeit is still expensive as hell for my tastes, but I want to dive out of Windows for once in my life, and figured Macs have finally gotten to that level for me, thanks to boot camp, which I hear is now natively supported in Leopard........which hopefully means no hassle for when I get out of the pool and have to boot into windows to use Photoshop, which I can't be arsed to repurchase for the mac platform.

MrTAToad(Posted 2007) [#4]
Its not a service pack - its almost all new : New desktop, OpenGL etc etc. A service pack just improves the current OS.

Ordered the Family Pack and now its a nail-biting 12 day wait to get it.

dawlane(Posted 2007) [#5]
Just ordered mine :-) Hope its worth the wait

morszeck(Posted 2007) [#6]
BlitzMax it's Leopard compatible?

Brucey(Posted 2007) [#7]
BlitzMax it's Leopard compatible?

We'll find out soon enough ;-)

MrTAToad(Posted 2007) [#8]
Yes, it is apparently, according to the email I've got :)

When asked, many companies are going down the 'wait and see' route - its almost as though they never bothered getting the beta version to test their programs on.

Case in point is Freeverse - on enquiring whether X-Words and BBBG work, the offical reply was 'We'll know when its out'.

On enquiring whether they did have the preview of 10.5, they replied that they did.

So, they had the beta of 10.5, but haven't bothered testing there Mac programs :(