Leopard Core Animation

Archives Forums/MacOS X Discussion/Leopard Core Animation

ragtag(Posted 2006) [#1]
Last night I watched through the Apple WWDC keynotes and onte thing struck my interest. Core Animation. From the demo it looked like something that could easily be used for 2D games. You basically create layers (sprites) that can be anything, and then you can move the around by defining position, scale and rotation.

Still a while till Leopard is out though, and I'm not a registered Apple developer, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see. :-)

Cheers,

Ragnar

p.s. The Time Machine was pretty cool too, though I feel that interface may be a bit of an overkill....as in, it looks nice, but is not practical.

Winni(Posted 2006) [#2]
Yeah, the new OS X features look cool.

By the way, you can become a registered Apple developer free of charge. Why don't you just sign up? It's the only way to get your hands on current Xcode builds anyway...

ragtag(Posted 2006) [#3]
Hey...I forgot. I actually am a registered Apple developer, it's just that I've only very rarely used my account. It still doesn't give me access to Leopard (guess I would have had to have been at the WWDC for that), but I can at least get the latest version of xCode. :-)

Ragnar