strange error...

Archives Forums/MacOS X Discussion/strange error...

degac(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi to all, I hope you can give me an explanation of the following problems.
I have a iBook @400 g3 128Mb ram, 8Mb video.
I run Mac OS X 1.3.9 (and I have Xtools 1.5). When I compile and run my program on my computer, it's all ok.
But when I run my programs on other Mac (specific a g5 with 1gb ram, ati radeon 9600), they crashes with many pages of error:

Questions:
1. is it possible that the error is caused by different OS versions (mine 1.3 the other 1.4)?
2. is it due to different CPU (g3 and g5 - 64bit)?
3. Is Xtool 1.5 still the right 'compiler tool'?
4. To packing the app I use a free tool: EasyDMG, I just drag&drop the folder with ALL the data required by the game+the application, and the program creates a .dmg file. It works perferctly. Do I miss something while packing the app?
5. finally - why some games have in their main folder a folder called __MacOSX? It's normal?

Thanks in advance, I hope to find a solution sooner. In the meanwhile I'm downloading Xtool 2.3 but I dont' know if it is a right solution

skidracer(Posted 2006) [#2]
It seems to be saying it crashes on PlaySound. My guess is the problem is with a missing or corrupt audio file.

I would write a small program that verifies it can load a file from the dmg, image, sound or text and test that on the other machine before going any further.

degac(Posted 2006) [#3]
Thank you!
Do you think the problem resides in the .dmg format?

degac(Posted 2006) [#4]
I resolved with a standard .zip file...