used mac mini for sale?

Archives Forums/MacOS X Discussion/used mac mini for sale?

gman(Posted 2006) [#1]
anyone with a used mac mini for sale? someone maybe wanting to upgrade to an intel mac? ive been monitoring prices on ebay and i can get a new mac mini for around $400US... but if someone is wanting to offload one and it will get me one cheaper im willing to listen. i would need OSX10.4 as well and it doesnt need to be an intel one.

Smokey(Posted 2006) [#2]
buy the new mini mac intel at the same price, it suppost to be 4 time faster then the older one and you can also install winxp on it.

gman(Posted 2006) [#3]
i was thinking along those lines. the dual boot to XP is especially appealing since it would make it a much more useful machine for me. unfortunately im new enough to mac. i didnt know anything about how to build things that are compatible with PPC mac on the intel mac and i didnt want to get into the same situation im in now which is out $200 and gobs of hours while still not being able to obtain my goal of simply wanting to build and support the Irrlicht mods for mac the cheapest way possible. this mac stuff is going to be the death of me :)

gman(Posted 2006) [#4]
well... i just put my money down and a spankin new mac mini intel. hope it works for me :) thank you all for your replies.

LeisureSuitLurie(Posted 2006) [#5]
The only thing keeping me from the Mini is the relatively terrible 3d performance. Some game benchmarks show the Intel mini being slightly slower than the PPC one due to the crap Intel Integrated Video.

I might just hold out for an iMac.

taumel(Posted 2006) [#6]
Or wait till the next mini with merom and maybe G965 comes out?! ;O)