xcode for 10.3

Archives Forums/MacOS X Discussion/xcode for 10.3

gman(Posted 2006) [#1]
how do you download xcode that will work on 10.3? all i can find on the apple dev site is 2.2 and i dont seem to have it on my 10.3 install disks. maybe i am missing a disk? not sure.

thx

salric(Posted 2006) [#2]
I think 1.2 was the version of xcode that was released around 10.3; I'm currently using 2.0 under 10.4.5 and it works fine, although I couldn't compile irrlich (it wouldn't open the project file). I think 2.2 is the current version?

Apparently under 10.3 you should have a 'disk-4' that is the xcode installation CD - if not then you'll have to download it.

Unfortunately I've not seen any incremental updates for xcode ever -it's always another huge download....

I think you should be careful upgrading to 2.2, the fink team (the guys that do the heavy-duty OSX porting of unix apps) doesn't recommend it for the moment (http://fink.sourceforge.net/). They reckon 2.1 is the best way to go...

Good to hear you've finally got it 10.3 up and running - what drama!

[update] it seems that Apple is not longer providing any earlier versions of xcode other than 2.2 - so you'll have to go with that & cross your fingers

WendellM(Posted 2006) [#3]
I'm pretty sure that Xcode 2 and greater require 10.4. I have 10.3.9 and am using Xcode 1.5 which is the last before version 2. It still looks to be available on the Developer Connection Member Site. After logging in, select "Developer Tools" in the "Downloads" frame at the right, then scroll about halfway down the page until you see "Xcode Tools v1.5" (372.4 MB). You'll first need to install the 613.10 MB "Xcode Tools v1.2" which is right below it [EDIT: 1.2 not needed for 1.5, per below (thanks, gman)]

gman(Posted 2006) [#4]
thank you both. XCode 2.2 does not work with OSX 10.3 (so i can confirm). for some reason searching for "xcode 1.5 download" directly on apples developer site did not return the link that WendellM pointed out. i was able to find it given his instructions. i downloaded just 1.5 to try first and i can confirm that 1.5 is standalone. i have xcode installed and running. thx again to you both :)