Using FMOD module

Archives Forums/MacOS X Discussion/Using FMOD module

JazzieB(Posted 2006) [#1]
Ok, I'll ask this again here because my issue got swallowed up in the general talk on the offical thread.

Basically, I cannot get FMOD to work on my Mac, regardless of how simple it's supposed to be according to the official thread. Here's what I did...

1. Downloaded the ZIP containing the Mod, Lib and Windows FMOD DLL.

2. Copied the fmod.bmx file into the mod/pub/fmod folder.

3. I then download v3.75 of FMOD from fmod.org and copied libfmod.a into both the lib and mod/pub/fmod folders of BlitzMax.

4. Compiled all modules.

What I get when I try and compile a program is something like this...

Building untitled1
Compiling:untitled1.bmx
Linking:untitled1
ld: Undefined symbols:
_FMUSIC_LoadSong
_FMUSIC_PlaySong
_FMUSIC_SetLooping
_FSOUND_Init
_FSOUND_SetDriver
_FSOUND_SetOutput
_FSOUND_GetError
Build Error: Failed to link /Applications/BlitzMax/tmp/untitled1.app/Contents/MacOS/untitled1
Process complete

It's as though it doesn't recognise any of the FMOD functions. The modules themselves do compile, I just get the above.

So, what am I doing wrong? Any help greatly appreciated.

Mystik(Posted 2006) [#2]
Hi

Something changed around version 1.14 that broke the fmod module we worked on. It works fine on the PC, but I've not managed to get it working on the mac since. Anyone had any luck with this?

Steve.

RiK(Posted 2006) [#3]
Be really good if someone (i.e. someone cleverer than me!) could get it working again on the Mac. I really don't need anything fancy, though that would of course be nice. Just need the streaming.

JazzieB(Posted 2006) [#4]
Rats! I hope that someone can fix this, as I am really interested in XM playback, as I have a project planned where I would like around a dozen tunes included and the idea of using OGG is not good for a game that has to be downloaded.

The fmod forums seem to have several threads/posts related to linking issues, which seems to be the problem here. However, those threads are mostly related to C++ or VB, so I have no idea how to relate that to Blitz. Perhaps someone on the BRL team will be able to sort this issue out?

DannyD(Posted 2006) [#5]
How did this break after 1.14?

DannyD(Posted 2006) [#6]
Anyone working on this ?

DannyD(Posted 2006) [#7]
What is involved in making this Mac Os X compatible?