Of mice and men.

Archives Forums/MacOS X Discussion/Of mice and men.

Sledge(Posted 2005) [#1]
Well, when I say "men" I actually mean "dll's", but the "mice" bit is accurate. I'm looking at picking up a Mac soonish, you see, and have a couple of dumb questions to ask those of you who have already leapt into Steve Jobs' cackling (all mega-rich people cackle) embrace.

First up I was wondering how straightforward .dll creation is with the supplied development kit (XCode, right?) The main reason for my concern here is that I never felt comfy including C/C++ source in with my Max projects when I gave the (Win32) demo a whirl... I found it much more productive to compile the C/C++ code into a separate dll with DevC++ and simply hook into that instead. This is a methodology I would like to retain as, if nothing else, it stops me getting carried away and wrapping whole libraries when I only actually need two commands. I assume things operate in an identicle manner to Windows?

Secondly, and don't pull a funny face, is it possible to switch off that damn mouse-pointer inertia in OSX? I was faffing around with a display model the other day (my mind boggling at the fact that they want actual money for Pages) and couldn't find anything related in the scant mouse preferences.

Told you they were dumb questions, but I'm a bit "ooer" about this Mac biz (haven't quite gotten over having to use OS9 at work).