BlitzMax IDE: TextWrangler/BBEdit plugin

Archives Forums/MacOS X Discussion/BlitzMax IDE: TextWrangler/BBEdit plugin

SJB(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi everyone,
Who would be interested in better integration of BlitzMax into BBEdit/Text Wrangler?

I am the author of BlitzBuddy, which was a simple attempt to integrate BlitzMax into BBEdit and TextWrangler so I didn't have to use the feature-poor standard editor. Until recently it was only possible to write plugins for these editors using CodeWarrior, which I did not have. Beacuse of this BlitzBuddy uses a combination of a codeless language module and applescript to get things done.

Recently Barebones released a new SDK which allows plugins to be written in XCode. This should allow better integration and allow things like the function popup menu to work properly.

If enough people express interest I might look at implementing a plugin, so let me know your views. I might also want to have a minimal shareware payment to make it worth while :)

Koekelas(Posted 2005) [#2]
If BlitzBuddy v2 (?) is much more than de standard BlitzMax IDE, yes I'm interested. I wouldn't mind if it is shareware as long as it is really worth it.

Nicolas.

wildboar(Posted 2005) [#3]
I'm always interested in a better IDE! Optional line numbers, and collapsible functions option would be nice. I haven't tried BlitzBuddy yet, but I'll try to check it out.

Jay Kyburz(Posted 2005) [#4]
Hey SJB, i would rather you focused effort on improving the offical bmax ide when it's released. I think there will be lots to do.

Tricky(Posted 2005) [#5]
The only reason why I use TextWrangler, is because I couldn't find something better (I expected more for the Mac). So for Textwrangler I'm not interested. And that the MacIDE of BMax has been improoved, for me there's no reason to switch, unless you can convince me it contains features I now miss..