OS X IDE

Archives Forums/MacOS X Discussion/OS X IDE

Jay Kyburz(Posted 2005) [#1]
Are their any plans to bring the features of the osx ide up to the level of the widows ide. (with the project stuff etc?)

N(Posted 2005) [#2]
They look the same on all of my systems (aside from visual differences).

Mystik(Posted 2005) [#3]
I've asked this before too.

http://www.blitzbasic.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=44667&hl=IDE

http://www.blitzbasic.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=44646#497629

Didn't get an official reply, but there was a quick mention in one of the newsletters.

Thanks to Skidracer's fine efforts, the new Max IDE is now going on all platforms. However, the Mac version wont be available for a while yet - at least until after the Win32/Linux release is out of the way. This IDE will eventually become the 'official' IDE, mainly because it's written in Max which I think is cool.

It really is quite bad and not much better than notepad on the PC at the moment. Also the text high lighting is fecked.

I've given up trying to code on the Mac platform for now and stick to using the mac version to just compile code created on the PC.

Steve.

Koekelas(Posted 2005) [#4]
Maybe you can try using an other IDE in the mean time. Considered BlitzBuddy (be sure to log in to BlitzMax.com or else the link won't work)?

Nicolas.

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#5]
(be sure to log in to BlitzMax.com or else the link won't work)?

actually that link will work fine, it's not a private forum.

Koekelas(Posted 2005) [#6]
It's just that sometimes people say the link isn't working, even when I knew it was a link to a public forum.

Nicolas.

Jay Kyburz(Posted 2005) [#7]
I've been coding in Eclipse and I think it's great! The plug in is not quite there yet and there are things I'd like to improve. I've been trying to contact Brucy to no avail. I'd love to help him work on it. (tho i don't know anything about eclipse plug-ins or java)

For example, when loading an App in window mode, Eclipse keeps the focus and you can't seem to send any key presses through to your program. This may just have something to do with my set up?

For now, I have Max open in the background with my "main" file open. As it hardly every changes don't need to reload and can just build and run it.

N(Posted 2005) [#8]
Myself and others have e-mailed Brucey in the past and received no response, the general consensus is that it's a lost cause.

Jay Kyburz(Posted 2005) [#9]
I wonder how much work it would be to start from scratch? Have any of you guys ever looked at eclipse plugins?

It would be cool if Blitz made the IDE open source in the same way the modules are.