bmax and mac mini

Archives Forums/MacOS X Discussion/bmax and mac mini

Panno(Posted 2005) [#1]
anyone work with bmax and mac mini ?

iam interesst to here somethings about ...

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2005) [#2]
Panno - yeah, runs just fine on mine though I haven't really pushed the limits yet. There was that one bug I reported, but that could be on the PC version, too for all I know.

John Pickford(Posted 2005) [#3]
works fine for me. I bought a mini specifically for max.

Idiot(Posted 2005) [#4]
Just got mine last week, the demo works ok, though it seems to hang/freeze (or maybe just take too damn long) when I compile Word Yo with the 100,000+ word dictionary included.

I'm using the 1.25GHz mini with 512MB RAM and an 80 gig HD.

Sakamoto(Posted 2005) [#5]
No problems here on my mac mini.

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#6]
Hang / Freeze is the usual problem with the one lung Macs... Impatience of people used to FAST and NOW is another...

WendellM(Posted 2005) [#7]
Is it fast enough to run a decent BlitzMax implementation of a common AI search method (a Mac mini Max minimax)?

LeisureSuitLurie(Posted 2005) [#8]
I had an A* routine running in Max on my iMac (which is 1/2 the speed of the Mini) and it was fine. Minimax is similar, so it should be alright.

GR(Posted 2005) [#9]
I have had no problem running the BMax demo on my mini but the paltry 256MB stock memory causes many problems in general. Upgrade to 1GB before you do anything else and you should be fine. OSX is a virtual-memory pig and the mini with it's sub-5000 rpm drive does not handle it well so it is best to avoid the HD paging as much as possible. :)

Filax(Posted 2005) [#10]
works fine for me