Audio error message after program ends

Archives Forums/MacOS X Discussion/Audio error message after program ends

Russell(Posted 2016) [#1]
Well, I finally got an iMac. Believe it or not, my brother in law gave it to me, and it's a really nice one! Anyway, I installed XCode and all that on it (had to update to "El Capitan" first) and everything seems to compile, but on exit, I always get this message:

This application or a library it uses is using the deprecated Carbon Component Manager for hosting audio units. Support for this will be removed in a future release. Also, this makes the host incompatible with version 3 audio units. Please transition to the APIs in AudioComponent.h

The programs run fine - including the audio. Does anyone know what this message is all about? Is it from mac OSX or BlitzMax? Is it something I need to worry about? Will end users see this message when they run and exit programs I write on mac?

Thanks.
Russell

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#2]
Did you try switching to other blitzmax sound drivers?

AdamStrange(Posted 2016) [#3]
It's from OSX
Basically the audio libraries that BlitzMax uses have been depreciated (in Xcode) and so it is giving a warning to move to another method.

Unfortunately I have yet to find out how to move to another method. We are ok for the moment

EdzUp MkII(Posted 2016) [#4]
Add
SetAudioDriver "OpenAL" 

To the top of your main file and it fixes the error, it did on my mac with El Capitan :)

Derron(Posted 2016) [#5]
Does this help:
https://github.com/maxmods/pub.mod/commit/fe5cb3f9d00ce4c0fa5c06193a3f62d0b6d7a380

?

bye
Ron

Russell(Posted 2016) [#6]
Thanks, everyone!

EdzUp MkII: Do macs have OpenAL installed by default, or would that have to be included in any app distributions (or a download link, etc)?

Russell

AdamStrange(Posted 2016) [#7]
Nope, no download needed. OpenAL is part of OSX

@Derron:
Brilliant, superb. That little trick fixed my ongoing issues and meshed directly with all my modified audio code - soo happy :)

Russell(Posted 2016) [#8]
Thanks, AdamStrange!

Ok, that's a minor fix. Good to know.

Russell