Outdated update keeps haunting me

Archives Forums/MacOS X Discussion/Outdated update keeps haunting me

Tricky(Posted 2016) [#1]
Just before I upgraded the my system from Mountain Lion to Yosemite, I had an update for iPhoto in my appstore. I never bothered. I never use iPhoto, so I left it be and upgraded to Yosemite.

However there appears to be a bug in Apple's upgrading system, and iPhoto kept being in my update list, but OSX is no longer able to update it, but it keeps trying. This sometimes hinders my other updates (the ones I *do* care about, I mean).

I the meantime I updated to El Capitan, but that silly iPhoto is still trying to update, but it can't since that was an update for within Mountain Lion.

Now I can just use my Mac, and stuff doesn't crash or anything because of this, but it's getting annoying. Do you guys know of a method how I can get rid of this Mountain-Lion-iPhoto-Update?

(Or is calling Apple my only option now?)

Danilo(Posted 2016) [#2]
What about uninstalling it after making a backup, then re-install from AppStore?

Tricky(Posted 2016) [#3]
I called Apple about this.
iPhoto is no longer provided with OS X, and thus the inability to update it. All I had to do was to trash the iPhoto.app application and the problem was solved.