[SOLVED] Version Conflict in BlitzMax compiler

Archives Forums/MacOS X Discussion/[SOLVED] Version Conflict in BlitzMax compiler

Tricky(Posted 2015) [#1]
I recently upgraded to Yosemite from Mountain Lion.
The first weeks I had no trouble whatsoever in using BlitzMax, until this happened:
Building Kthura Map Editor
Reading data from: /Volumes/Irravonia/Projects/BlitzMax/JCR6+/Kthura Map Editor/Kthura Map Editor.bmx.macicons
Using icon file: /Volumes/Irravonia/Projects/BlitzMax/JCR6+/Kthura Map Editor/Icons/Kthura.icns
Compiling:Kthura_Core.bmx
Compiling:Kthura_Draw.bmx
Compiling:Kthura_Save.bmx
Compiling:Kthura Map Editor.bmx
Linking:Kthura Map Editor.debug
ld: warning: object file (/Volumes/Irravonia/Projects/BlitzMax/JCR6+/Kthura Map Editor/.bmx/Kthura Map Editor.bmx.gui.debug.macos.x86.o) was built for newer OSX version (10.10) than being linked (10.4)
ld: warning: object file (/Volumes/Irravonia/Projects/BlitzMax/JCR6+/Kthura Map Editor/Mods/.bmx/Kthura_Save.bmx.debug.macos.x86.o) was built for newer OSX version (10.10) than being linked (10.4)
ld: warning: object file (/Volumes/Irravonia/Projects/BlitzMax/JCR6+/Kthura Map Editor/Mods/.bmx/Kthura_Draw.bmx.debug.macos.x86.o) was built for newer OSX version (10.10) than being linked (10.4)
ld: warning: object file (/Volumes/Irravonia/Projects/BlitzMax/JCR6+/Kthura Map Editor/Mods/.bmx/Kthura_Core.bmx.debug.macos.x86.o) was built for newer OSX version (10.10) than being linked (10.4)
Executing:Kthura Map Editor.debug

I don't know if these version conflicts are "dangerous", but I cannot be sure.
This morning I had to "re-agree" with the apple x-code license agreement when I was updating my github repository. I think Apple made an update to x-code and that BlitzMax does not react properly to that. Just a theory.

(By the way: The application I was building appears to be working properly).

Brucey(Posted 2015) [#2]
If you change XCode versions, you should rebuild *everything*.

Mixing object files from between different versions of a compiler can lead to problems - as per the warning.

AdamStrange(Posted 2015) [#3]
Brucey - how do you recompile everything?

I get the following now upgraded to Xcode 7:
snip...
Compiling:blitz_gc_rc.c
Compiling:blitz_ex.macos.x86.s
/Applications/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_ex.macos.x86.s:9:7: error: unexpected token at start of statement
#   ;0[esp]=our ret
      ^
/Applications/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_ex.macos.x86.s:10:7: error: unexpected token at start of statement
#   ;4[esp]=offset arg
      ^

etc, etc

this happens when compiling all models or update changed modules!

So I now can't compile anything ;/

offending file is:
blitz_ex.macos.x86.s

Tricky(Posted 2015) [#4]
I can confirm the error above, I get the same error, meaning that I too can no longer re-compile my modules. This also means, I cannot upgrade my own modules and a few important upgrades to them were scheduled next week, so maybe a more proper solution is in order... :-(

(I'm a total nitwit when it comes down to assembly, so I'm afraid I don't know how to fix this. And if if this isn't fixed on short notice, maybe a way to DOWNGRADE Xcode could be desirable).