Mac OS X 10.10 compile BMX as 10.9?

Archives Forums/MacOS X Discussion/Mac OS X 10.10 compile BMX as 10.9?

therevills(Posted 2015) [#1]
We've sent our latest BlitzMax game to GameHouse (aka RealNetworks) and they are having trouble wrapping it in their software due to that we compiled it using Yosemite (10.10) and their software only works with 10.9 SDK.

Does any know if there is a setting that can compile BMX with 10.9 SDK?

We also have a Mac running 10.9, but I couldnt find a way to install XCode as the new version requires 10.10. I did install BMX and compiled the game okay on it but I am unsure about what SDK BMX is using...

Cheers,
Steve

Yasha(Posted 2015) [#2]
I know this doesn't help you much, but your publisher is being completely unreasonable there.

Apple expects its developers to stay up-to-date and ahead of the curve - as a content creator, they expect you to be moving to 10.11 right about now; the publisher should be supporting and encouraging that! How useful is this company really going to be to you if they can't even keep up with the platform's basic demands? What do they do when an SDK becomes deprecated and a product gets booted from the Mac App Store, just shrug?

Pragmatism might mean you have to search for a solution to get your game out there, but morally this is not your responsibility.

Anyway, looking at bmk's source, BlitzMax seems to think it compiles fine for all versions of the OS down to 10.4 (look for `-mmacosx-version-min=` in src/bmk_util.bmx).

You could also try this (updated with 10.9)? http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25914235/how-to-get-10-8-sdk-and-5-1-compiler-in-xcode-6

therevills(Posted 2015) [#3]
Yeah I was surprised with the request too. They do have a workaround but their preferred solution is a 10.9 build.

The funny thing with our Mac which is running 10.9 is that XCode isnt installed at all on it, but BlitzMax compiled fine using it...

I sent the new app file(folder!!) to them so hopefully it'll work...

On our 10.10 Mac XCode is installed, so if I get some time I'll look around to see if you can compile against 10.9 SDKs.