[SOLVED] A Small Favor To Ask

Archives Forums/MacOS X Discussion/[SOLVED] A Small Favor To Ask

time-killer-games(Posted 2014) [#1]
I designed a game in HTML but it runs slow as crap when running from online. When I put it offline, it runs perfect. But HTML isn't that great of a format for desktop-targeted games. That aside, the game only works how it should in certain browsers. It doesn't work in Chrome at all, Firefox is limited with what it can do. Works in IE. I don't know whether it works on Mac's version of Safari because I don't own a Mac.

I assue BlitzMax's MaxGUI HtmlView gadget/control on Mac is just a watered-down Safari with limited interface, similar to how it works on Windows with the IE gadget/control.

Long story short, it's very rare I ever use BlitzMax for anything, so this request is a one-time thing. Please, someone download the zip below and compile it for Mac:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79893663/Cabin%20Fever%20Escape%203D/downloads/Cabin%20Fever%20Escape%203D%20for%20Macintosh.zip

I'd like to recieve the Mac App you compiled, using the *.icns file in the zip as its icon, and a single screenshot of the window, that'd be great. That's pretty much it.

Thanks!
tkg

*(Posted 2014) [#2]
There is a safari version for windows if that's any help :)

time-killer-games(Posted 2014) [#3]
Thanks. Don't know why I didn't think of that. If it doesn't work in Safari on Windows it won't be likely to work on Mac either so good call there I'll have to check it out. :)

time-killer-games(Posted 2014) [#4]
Alright it works exactly the same on IE as it does on Safari for Windows.

PRETTY PLEASE someone compile the OP link to a Mac app!! With a cherry on top! :D

time-killer-games(Posted 2014) [#5]
So those of you who'd might be hesitent may know, this process shouldn't take 15 minutes. Would I get a better chance at this if I asked in PM's instead? I don't want to come across as harassing anyone so not sure if I'll do that. I'm also considering to pay $20 to anyone who'd do it.

I'll stop bumping this. Sorry guys.

Brucey(Posted 2014) [#6]
Would I get a better chance at this if I asked in PM's instead?

I doubt it :-p
There are probably only 3 people here who actually use Macs. (not counting those who bought a Mac just to compile stuff for iOS).

There may even be more Linux users here... (ooer!)

it's very rare I ever use BlitzMax for anything

Pah... more fool you ;-)

AdamStrange(Posted 2014) [#7]
Compiles fine here. no issues
runs fine too

time-killer-games(Posted 2014) [#8]
@Adam may I please have the *.app file? Thanks for testing BTW. :D

Brucey(Posted 2014) [#9]
Isn't the email address in your profile working, tkg?

time-killer-games(Posted 2014) [#10]
My email is samuelvenable@... I forgot I never updated it here yet.

AdamStrange(Posted 2014) [#11]
tkg - email sent :)

Matty(Posted 2014) [#12]
Having written a game in javascript/php/html earlier this year (see http://mattiesgames.com/gorgoth/) I've found there are a few things you have to be careful of when writing for online.

Firstly, putting all your graphics into a single image is vital if you have lots otherwise the pc will spend all its time downloading each image.

Secondly, music should be streamed if possible.

time-killer-games(Posted 2014) [#13]
Thank you Adam so much! Topic solved! :D

@Matty thank you for the tips I'll make note of them! :D

This topic can be locked since there's nothing left to talk about.

Cheers!

time-killer-games(Posted 2014) [#14]
Okay this is a shout out to Brucey Thank you so much! If only I knew your emails were in my junk folder AdamStrange wouldn't have needed to bother with it. Sorry Guys & Thank you! :D

Edit

Brucey I sent you a reply to your email, I thought to give you a heads up I might be in your junk folder. :)