Need help Sandboxing

Archives Forums/MacOS X Discussion/Need help Sandboxing

Tachyon(Posted 2014) [#1]
I'm trying to get Eschalon: Book III ready for the Mac App Store. I have having a lot of trouble understanding how to Sandbox the app properly. After signing and packaging, I upload the package through the Application Uploader. Everything goes fine, and then 15 minutes later I get an email saying my app has not been Sandboxed and has been rejected.

I also need help understanding how my saved games files might affect the Sandbox. I use Brucy's Volumes mod to save files to the users folder, so that might be causing problems.

Can someone help me? I'd be happy to pay consulting fees to someone if you could help guide me step-by-step through the process.

Tachyon(Posted 2014) [#2]
A kind person on Twitter sent me this link. Follow it, and you can get your App sandboxed:

http://www.purebasic.fr/english/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=47183

Brucey(Posted 2014) [#3]
In a properly sandboxed application, Brucey's Volumes mod will reflect the correctly sandboxed folder locations.

:o)

Brucey(Posted 2014) [#4]
Follow it, and you can get your App sandboxed

Yeah, I've built a process using bmk that allows you to automate the whole process as part of the build.

Basically because I can't be arsed faffing around with 15 steps every time I build something. Computers are designed for automation after all...

Derron(Posted 2014) [#5]
@Brucey:

Think Tachyon might be convincible to "pay consulting fees" in return for the "process" you use.

Maybe this whole thing could be more of a "sponsorship" which ends in opening the sources of the process on your git-site.
(I do not have a mac, so I wont benefit from it)

bye
Ron