undefined reference to... in base modules

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/undefined reference to... in base modules

Derron(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi,

today i completely reinstalled my whole dev box as the error above has driven me crazy.

I'm now writing this post, as a reinstall did not change anything (I thought I linked something wrong).
So I suggest that an update refreshed used libraries (libstdc or so) and therefor the error occours.

It happens after recompiling all modules (as I still struggle with wxMax on 64bit).

system: Linux Mint 13 xfce 64 bit.
All need libs should be installed.

./bmk makeapp -x -r "/home/ronny/Arbeit/Programmieren/BlitzMax/src/bmk/bmk.bmx" (im Verzeichnis: /home/ronny/Arbeit/Programmieren/BlitzMax/bin)
Linking:bmk
/home/ronny/Arbeit/Programmieren/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz.release.linux.x86.a(blitz_string.c.release.linux.x86.o): In function `bbStringFromLong':
blitz_string.c:(.text+0x110d): undefined reference to `__moddi3'
blitz_string.c:(.text+0x112f): undefined reference to `__divdi3'
/home/ronny/Arbeit/Programmieren/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz.release.linux.x86.a(blitz_cclib.c.release.linux.x86.o): In function `bbLongDiv':
blitz_cclib.c:(.text+0x2d4): undefined reference to `__divdi3'
/home/ronny/Arbeit/Programmieren/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz.release.linux.x86.a(blitz_cclib.c.release.linux.x86.o): In function `bbLongMod':
blitz_cclib.c:(.text+0x314): undefined reference to `__moddi3'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Build Error: Failed to link /home/ronny/Arbeit/Programmieren/BlitzMax/src/bmk/bmk
Kompilierung fehlgeschlagen.

bye
Ron

Derron(Posted 2012) [#2]
Hmm... re-downloaded archive, renamed my old installation (came from backup hdd)...

- rebuild of modules worked fine.
- compilation of bmk was possible.

I never changed something within brl.mod and it was the same BlitzMax-version. I also chown'ed the user, corrected chmod etc.

So I don't know what caused the error.

Finally it works, that is the result I wanted to achieve...

topic "closed"

bye
Ron