Linux Mint 13 Maya - BlitzMax

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/Linux Mint 13 Maya - BlitzMax

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#1]
I downloaded blitzmax 1.48 for linux and on mint it will not open. How can I get BlitzMax working on Linux Mint 13 Maya Cinnamon Edition x64? By not working I mean it will not open up. :)

EDIT: It opens now for some reason but now when I compile:
Building digesteroids
Compiling:simplephysics.bmx
flat assembler  version 1.68  (32768 kilobytes memory)
4 passes, 57827 bytes.
Compiling:minitimer.bmx
3 passes, 5770 bytes.
Compiling:dynamicgame.bmx
3 passes, 11278 bytes.
Compiling:MathUtil.bmx
3 passes, 6896 bytes.
Compiling:digesteroids.bmx
4 passes, 152908 bytes.
Linking:digesteroids.debug
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find crt1.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find crti.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.6/libstdc++.so when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.6/libstdc++.a when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lm
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.6/libgcc_s.so when searching for -lgcc_s
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc_s
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.6/libgcc.a when searching for -lgcc
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpthread
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lc
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.6/libgcc_s.so when searching for -lgcc_s
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc_s
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.6/libgcc.a when searching for -lgcc
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find crtn.o: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Build Error: Failed to link /home/austin/Desktop/BlitzMax/samples/digesteroids/digesteroids.debug
Process complete

What should I do now?

Last edited 2012

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#2]
Very strange. I repeated the process, restarted my system and now it works!?!?!?!

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#3]
now im getting this
Linking:oldskool2.debug
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lasound
Build Error: Failed to link /home/austin/Desktop/BlitzMax/samples/flameduck/oldskool2/oldskool2.debug
Process complete

skidracer(Posted 2012) [#4]
You need alsa audio headers, apt-get libasound2-dev i think it's called.

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#5]
here is what i get
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpulse-simple

I installed libasound2-dev from the synaptic package manager sudo apt-get didn't work.

slenkar(Posted 2012) [#6]
restart your pc again, :)

Derron(Posted 2012) [#7]
on linux you don't have to restart after installing packages. (except kernel/headers)

like mentioned in another thead... lasound could be "libasound"
in your case:

sudo apt-get install libasound-dev
... equal to pulse...

bye
Ron

dawlane(Posted 2012) [#8]
As your using the 64bit version you will need to install the ia32-libs-multiarch package and create some system links.
Follow the same procedure as you would for installing on Ubuntu 12.04. I've had BMax working with Mint 13 running on VirtualBox.

Last edited 2012

Derron(Posted 2012) [#9]
in case you have the .so files but it wont work:

run "sudo thunar &"

go to the libraries folder and check the .so files there (most time they are symbolic links to other versions ... libMyLib.so -> libMyLib.so.1.2).
That was the case after som library-updates within xubuntu 12.04 64bit (updated from 10->11->12.04)

bye
Ron

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#10]
still doesn't work. =(

what does this mean?

Derron, Here is what I get when I type in "sudo thunar &"
[1] 17356

and that is all.

Last edited 2012

Derron(Posted 2012) [#11]
without the "&" the terminal would be blocked by thunar.
if you did not have had "sudo" run <5 min before, the & also swallows the ask for admin password :D

- in this case: "sudo thunar" will do it :D

to see wether you have the files:
"updatedb" (updates databasecache of local files - to be sure it gets all)
"locate libasound.so"

output should be something like
ronny@RonnyPC:~$ locate libasound.so
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libasound.so.2
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libasound.so.2.0.0
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libasound.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libasound.so.2
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libasound.so.2.0.0
/usr/lib32/libasound.so.2
/usr/lib32/libasound.so.2.0.0

you see - i have installed libasound in version 2.0.0 as most current version

details:
ronny@RonnyPC:~$ ls /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libasound* -l
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     18 Mai 17 05:26 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libasound.so -> libasound.so.2.0.0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     18 Mai 17 05:26 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libasound.so.2 -> libasound.so.2.0.0
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 970368 Mai 17 05:26 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libasound.so.2.0.0

In case an app wants to import "Libasound.so" it gets redirected to "libasound.so.2.0.0" and so forth (so an app can specify which version it wants to import).

- this files (the " -> " links to) should be existing in your "sudo thunar"-instance of the file manager
- if you are not able to repair that symbolic links: replace them with "copies" of the real file (copy paste the so.2.0.0 and rename afterwards)

PS: do a "sudo apt-get install libasound2-dev" (in case the apt-get did not get it by itself)

bye
Ron

dawlane(Posted 2012) [#12]
without the "&" the terminal would be blocked by thunar.
if you did not have had "sudo" run <5 min before, the & also swallows the ask for admin password :D

- in this case: "sudo thunar" will do it :D
Or alternatively you could press Alt+F2 and type gksudo thunar or gksudo nautilus. Note that updatedb should be run as sudo. Right click a systemlink and select properties from the menu to see if a link is broken or not. If so delete it but be careful that you don't delete any other non broken links or you will have more problems on your hands.

Remember on the later debian-based distributions the folder /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu is for 64bit application only. The 32bit libs needed for any 32bit application will be stored in /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu when ia32-libs-multiarch package has been installed; though there are still a few in /usr/lib32. To use BlitzMax system links need to be created to the 32bit libs in /usr/i386-linux-gnu or if your going to copy the libs then use the 32bit libs form the for mentioned folder . The best place for them is in the /usr/lib32/ as this is in BlitzMax's compiler search path.

Just one question was Mint a clean install or was it and upgrade.

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#13]
sudo thunar

sudo: thunar: command not found

dawlane(Posted 2012) [#14]
thunar isn't installed by default as it's another file manager try nautilus. If you want to use thunar install it with sudo apt-get install thunar

Last edited 2012

Derron(Posted 2012) [#15]
thunar...
yeah just forgot he is talking about mint now... some days ago we had xfce themes topics.

@alt+f2
it is a shortcut which could be changed/disabled/ ... depending on the wm.
@right click properties...
it is a context thing of the used file manager, also no must for it to include that too.

But as long as you are able to give him the important hints I should shut up :p

bye
Ron