WINE & OGL Tip for Windows Users

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/WINE & OGL Tip for Windows Users

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#1]
you can use
SetGraphicsDriver GLMax2DDriver()

in your code to make Windows Games work in WINE!
'Windows Code
Graphics 800,600
SetGraphicsDriver GLMax2DDriver()
Local X:Float=400
Local Y:Float=300
Y=-Y

Repeat
Cls
Plot X,Y
If KeyDown(KEY_UP) Then Y=Y+1
If KeyDown(KEY_DOWN) Then Y=Y-1

Flip(-1)
Until AppTerminate() or KeyHit(KEY_ESCAPE)

Tested in WINE 1.4.1 and PlayOnLinux 4.1.3
If you dont have or dont want Linux, this should help if you want to avoid the whole Linux installation thing. :)

EDIT: You may need to install some libraries if it doesn't work for you.

Last edited 2012

Yasha(Posted 2012) [#2]
1) I'm pretty sure the whole point of Wine is to make DX games work on OpenGL too, so if this is necessary, there is a bug in Wine.

2) Telling your users to install Wine is not Linux support, it's a giant middle finger to Linux users.

3) On point of principle, you should absolutely never under any circumstances make a change to a program to improve Wine support, because Wine is a system replacement layer: if there is a difference between it and Windows, it's Wine's fault, and you should correct it by patching Wine or filing a bug report to the Wine developers. Differences between Wine and Windows are bugs, and hiding them it the wrong thing to do.

4) Where it's relevant (i.e. on Windows) you may as well offer the choice of driver to your users, rather than hardcoding it.

Derron(Posted 2012) [#3]
Hmm... you use Blitzmax...
... so wth don't you just compile for linux?

If you are using some ".dll"-thingys... wrap them and rebuild the thing (or disable that function) in linux

?win32
import blabla
?linux
import linuxblabla
?

bye
Ron

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#4]
so wth don't you just compile for linux?

i forget what i do with the source files. LOL!

BladeRunner(Posted 2012) [#5]
You were able to add lines of code to the source for your 'fix', so i think you know rather exactly where they are.