Ubuntu 11.10 error

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/Ubuntu 11.10 error

*(Posted 2012) [#1]
I installed ubuntu 11.10 on me netbook and done all the updates etc now I get the following

Building oldskool2
Compiling:oldskool2.bmx
flat assembler  version 1.68  (32768 kilobytes memory)
3 passes, 642772 bytes.
Linking:oldskool2.debug
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lfreetype
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGLU
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lX11
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXxf86vm
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lX11
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXxf86vm
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Build Error: Failed to link /home/edzup/Desktop/BlitzMax/samples/flameduck/oldskool2/oldskool2.debug
Process complete

anyone have any ideas?

skidracer(Posted 2012) [#2]
You need to install the BlitzMax dependencies. This thread is possibly simplest.

*(Posted 2012) [#3]
i installed the dependencies with terminal as shown and the g++ fix and made sure everything is upto date but i just get ld errors now.

Is there anything im missing in 11.10 thats in 11:04?

*(Posted 2012) [#4]
Ok if you do it in this order

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install libglu1-mesa-dev x11proto-core-dev x11proto-gl-dev x11proto-kb-dev libxxf86vm-dev libasound2-dev libfreetype6-dev libxpm-dev libxft-dev

sudo apt-get install build-essential

doing it this way works fine, the problems I had seemed to be there was more upto date versions of the file that are only got via the update call. After that the installs of all the stuff and then the build-essentials to fix the g++ missing error. With all those it works perfectly thus far at least it compiles fine now...

Winni(Posted 2012) [#5]
This should be done immediately after a fresh Ubuntu installation and before you install new software:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install dist-upgrade

*(Posted 2012) [#6]
I done all the updates its just I didnt do the commands in the right order to get everything sorted.