MaxIDE execution problem on Ubuntu

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/MaxIDE execution problem on Ubuntu

AvestheFox(Posted 2011) [#1]
Alright, so I installed Ubuntu to my laptop yesterday and have since been trying to install BMax to it.

I've installed the necessary packages but the MaxIDE still wouldnt load. I got this error:

"Could not display '/home/administrator/BlitzMax/MaxIDE'. There is no application installed for executable files"

I posted about it already in this thread: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=95679 but there hasnt been a response for 10 hours and I'm a bit on a tight deadline (need to have my demo ready on all three platforms by the 13th of this month)

So being the impatient person that I am, I decided to just tinker around on my own and try to solve the problem myself.

I went into Synaptic and went into the "uninstalled" section and proceeded to check every checkmark thinking that one of those packages had to be the key to getting BMax to work. I then applied the installation and a few hours later I tried the MaxIDE again only to get this error:

"Could not display '/home/administrator/BlitzMax/MaxIDE'. The location is not a folder."

Please help! :(

Yasha(Posted 2011) [#2]
Perhaps you need to change the file's permissions so that it is executable?

sudo chmod +x <filename>

Last edited 2011

AvestheFox(Posted 2011) [#3]
that did set the permissions but now nothing happens when I click the MaxIDE file :P

either I messed up something really bad somewhere or I'm still missing something...

AvestheFox(Posted 2011) [#4]
nevermind, did a bit more research and found out I needed to install a certain package..and now to tackle the game build errors :P

Also it sucks that the most up to date version of BMax for Linux requires Intel... I have to disable certain code because of this.... *sigh*

Brucey(Posted 2011) [#5]
requires Intel

What could it require instead of Intel?

AvestheFox(Posted 2011) [#6]
certain Computers that dont have Intel? :P