BMax on OpenSuse 11.4 - how to get it to work ?

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/BMax on OpenSuse 11.4 - how to get it to work ?

semar(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi,
I've run the dependencies script (sticky on this forum) on a fresh OpenSuse 11.4, but after the installation of dependencies, the MaxIDE refuses to work, with this message:
./MaxIDE
./MaxIDE: error while loading shared libraries: libGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I've ran again the dependencies script, and get this output:
Blitzmax Installation Script version 0.7b
Please report bugs or suggestions to: jimteeuwen[at]gmail.com

[i] Checking architecture...
    found: 64 bit
[i] Identifying package manager...
which: no aptitude in (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/games:/usr/lib64/jvm/jre/bin)
which: no emerge in (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/games:/usr/lib64/jvm/jre/bin)
which: no yum in (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/games:/usr/lib64/jvm/jre/bin)
which: no urpmi in (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/games:/usr/lib64/jvm/jre/bin)
which: no pacman in (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/games:/usr/lib64/jvm/jre/bin)
    found: zypper
[i] Performing zypper setup...
[i] Building package list...
[i] Installing...
root's password:
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
'gcc-c++' is already installed.
No update candidate for 'gcc-c++-4.5-19.1.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
'Mesa-devel' is already installed.
No update candidate for 'Mesa-devel-7.10.2-7.3.1.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
'xorg-x11-libX11-devel' is already installed.
No update candidate for 'xorg-x11-libX11-devel-7.6-10.2.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
Resolving package dependencies...

Nothing to do.
[i] Done.

Please help. What should I install in order to get BMax up and running ?

Regards,
Sergio.

Ole JR(Posted 2011) [#2]
Those packagenames are x86_64, as in 64bit.
Max is 32bit only, so you have to install the 32bit versions of those
packages..

So what to install to get Max up & running.
I would go for openSuse 32bit instead, less messy that way..

Last edited 2011

markcw(Posted 2011) [#3]
The script only supports 64bit in ubuntu currently, all the other distros is just for 32bit.

It is probably that you need to set up the 32bit lib support see this post.