glxinfo request

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/glxinfo request

markcw(Posted 2010) [#1]
As a result of this topic I have a request to Linux users. I would like to clear up whether a fix I applied would be valid on other machines.

So all you have to do is run this command in terminal and copy the results to a codebox here. That would be great. Thanks.
glxinfo -l

And while you have the terminal open you might as well tell us your video card too, which will be interesting if not useful.
lspci | grep VGA

Here are my results.

shinkiro1(Posted 2010) [#2]
Ubuntu 10.04, GeForce 9300M GS

markcw(Posted 2010) [#3]
Thanks Espada.

dawlane(Posted 2010) [#4]
Ubuntu 10.04 , Geforce 8800 Ultra
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G80 [GeForce 8800 Ultra] (rev a2)

And Geforce GTX295
05:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Device 05eb (rev a1)

markcw(Posted 2010) [#5]
Thanks.

I can see there's definitely no such thing as GLX_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, only GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, my mistake. My video card has a limit of 250+ triangles before I get some kind of frame overflow error. This should be reflected somewhere in the "OpenGL limits:" section but I'm not sure where.

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#6]
I can see there's definitely no such thing as GLX_ARB_vertex_buffer_object

According to the GLEW docs, it appeared in version 1.5.4. (of GLEW)

markcw(Posted 2010) [#7]
What I meant is it's nothing to do with GLX_ARB_vertex_buffer_object. As Slotman posted in the other thread you only need to check for GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object.

Here's someone else with the same problem:
http://tinyurl.com/35ptc7l

degac(Posted 2010) [#8]
This is what I get from my AspireAcerOne (of course I can't demand miracles...)

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GME Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)