BlitzMax via Synaptic

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/BlitzMax via Synaptic

julianbury(Posted 2010) [#1]
Is it possible to persuade the Debian Archive to include BlitzMax so the installation process is done without recourse to command line hacking?

More than a thought, it's a desperate hope!

Not a chance?

Why not?

(-_-)

markcw(Posted 2010) [#2]
Just run this script.
http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=88613

If you don't know how to run a script here's a short guide.

Copy and save the text as "bmxscript.sh" (anywhere will do) then right-click the file and open "properties". Now go to the "permissions" tab and select the "allow executing file as program" checkbox and close it. Finally double-click on the script, choose the "run in terminal" option and follow the prompts. Et voila! Bmx dependencies are installed.

ragtag(Posted 2010) [#3]
I think the Debian archive will only include open-source software. Ubuntu has an archive for non-open-source software, such as Flash and NVIDIA drivers, but I think it's all still free software.

Blitz could be made into a .deb package though, which you can just double click on Ubuntu. Or BlitzResearch could run their own archive server, which you could just add and get all updates for BlitzMax from.

Though, I guess there are not that many BlitzMax users running Linux here...so it's probably not a high priority. :)

*(Posted 2010) [#4]
or once saving it you can go to terminal and do:
sh myfile.sh