The following code:
SuperStrict

Framework brl.blitz
Import brl.standardio
Import brl.system

Print("Hello world")

Gives me this:
Compiling:helloworld.bmx
flat assembler  version 1.68  (32768 kilobytes memory)
3 passes, 1084 bytes.
Linking:helloworld
/home/tim/blitzmax/mod/brl.mod/system.mod/system.debug.linux.x86.a(system.linux.c.debug.linux.x86.o): In function `bbSystemDesktopWidth':
system.linux.c:(.text+0xef2): undefined reference to `XF86VidModeGetAllModeLines'
/home/tim/blitzmax/mod/brl.mod/system.mod/system.debug.linux.x86.a(system.linux.c.debug.linux.x86.o): In function `bbSystemDesktopHeight':
system.linux.c:(.text+0xf64): undefined reference to `XF86VidModeGetAllModeLines'
/home/tim/blitzmax/mod/brl.mod/system.mod/system.debug.linux.x86.a(system.linux.c.debug.linux.x86.o): In function `bbSystemDesktopHertz':
system.linux.c:(.text+0xfe0): undefined reference to `XF86VidModeGetAllModeLines'

As far as I know, I have the correct packages for Max (x11proto-xf86vidmode-dev specifically).
Has anyone encountered this?

xlsior(Posted 2010) [#2]
Are you running Ubuntu in 32 or 64 bit?

dawlane(Posted 2010) [#3]
I get the same result (Ubuntu 10.04 32bit and 64bit).

EDIT: It works if you import brl.glmax2d or brl.glgraphics

plash(Posted 2010) [#4]
Are you running Ubuntu in 32 or 64 bit?
32-bit.

Blah.

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#5]

Another one of *those* issues.

There was previously a similar problem where there was an X dependency... not so good, me thinks.

Phil Newton(Posted 2010) [#6]
I just encountered this problem. I fixed it by adding the following to brl.mod/basic.mod/basic.bmx, just before the other imports:

?linux
Import "-lXxf86vm"
?

It's not the best solution, but everything compiles now without having to add extra mods to everything.

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#7]
For X windows specific stuff, you might want to rather put it in a module that requires the use of it - like graphics.