Cannot compile MaxGui

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/Cannot compile MaxGui

danvari(Posted 2009) [#1]
hey!

i am running an arch64 with a 32bit chroot. i installed blitzmax 1.33 and the latest maxgui 1.32. now i tried to "Rebuild all modules" and get the following error:

Compiling:utf8Wrap.c
Compiling:utf8Utils.c
Compiling:utf8Input.c
Compiling:keysym2Ucs.c
Compiling:scandir.c
Compiling:numericsort.c
Compiling:fl_read_image.cxx
Compiling:Fl_get_key.cxx
Compiling:fl_color.cxx
Compiling:fl_set_fonts.cxx
In file included from /home/stephan/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/fltkmaxgui.mod/src/fl_set_fonts.cxx:39:
/home/stephan/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/fltkmaxgui.mod/src/fl_set_fonts_xft.cxx: In static member function 'static Fl_Font Fl::set_fonts(const char*)':
/home/stephan/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/fltkmaxgui.mod/src/fl_set_fonts_xft.cxx:274: error: invalid conversion from 'const char*' to 'char*'
/home/stephan/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/fltkmaxgui.mod/src/fl_set_fonts_xft.cxx:275: error: invalid conversion from 'const char*' to 'char*'
/home/stephan/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/fltkmaxgui.mod/src/fl_set_fonts_xft.cxx:280: error: invalid conversion from 'const char*' to 'char*'
Build Error: failed to compile /home/stephan/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/fltkmaxgui.mod/src/fl_set_fonts.cxx
Process complete

so where is the problem?

Otus(Posted 2009) [#2]
What version of GCC are you using?

danvari(Posted 2009) [#3]

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#4]
There's an issue with the current FLTK and gcc 4.4.x. This should be resolved in the next release of MaxGUI.

SebHoll(Posted 2009) [#5]
Yep, see this post. If you need an urgent fix, drop me an e-mail and I'll see what I can do.