Linux oddity or code problem?

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/Linux oddity or code problem?

*(Posted 2009) [#1]
I am coding Elite Multiplayer to use Minib3d in a MaxGUI window and this works 100% on Win32 but on linux it comes up with

EliteMultiplayerClient.debug: i915_vtbl.c:344: i915_emit_state: Assertion '0' failed.
Aborted

Process complete

Anyone have any ideas?

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#2]
Interestingly... a search of Google provides this :

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:XcU4A6iW3RwJ:bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php%3Fid%3D68416+i915_emit_state&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk

Interesting because the problem app was also made in BlitzMax.

...which makes you wonder, perhaps, what GL calls is Max2D making that the driver has issues with?

*(Posted 2009) [#3]
thanks brucey will have a look

*(Posted 2009) [#4]
Strangely enough the program works till you move/click the mouse then it hurls the error.

*(Posted 2009) [#5]
I have located the problem, it seems to be NOTHING at all to so with the graphics card and is something to do with MaxGUI. I have changed the code so the PollEvent call is called EVERY cycle of the loop and it works ok now, the system needs some more adjustments but its getting there :)

D4NM4N(Posted 2009) [#6]
I had some weird event exceptions too a while ago when using events and BMAX, i wonder if it is related :/

*(Posted 2009) [#7]
probably related, but unforunately its rather hard to debug when max chucks up a massive error message then drops back to the desktop without so much as a 'by your leave'.

*(Posted 2009) [#8]
righty I have located the problem that causes the error, the problem that called my assertion '0' failure is native gl calls in my placetext function I called gl from within max (not though minib3d) this kills the program with the assertion error, removing this function from the code and the entire project works like a dream.

For me this isnt an issue as I have a native system to do 3d text but I just thought I would pass it on for others that might be experiencing the problem it might give you peeps somewhere to look :)