Extra stuff needed for BMax

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/Extra stuff needed for BMax

Tricky(Posted 2009) [#1]
I tried Fedora 10 out from a live CD to see if that would be the Linux distroy that suits my needs best. Of course since I will mostly only use it to build Linux versions of my stuff, I went straight for trying out BlitzMax.

The IDE worked, but no program or module would compile since g++ was missing. Of course, maybe it's because it's only a live CD that it doesn't work (but since I was doing this on my boss' computer, I was happy I was allowed to try Live there (since my own PC is broken now), but I didn't want to push my luck by installing Linux there), so I may need to try it again after installing, but in the same time it could be that I need some extra stuff in order to compile like Mac Needs XCode and Windows needs MinGW (If C++ is involved).

So is it just the live CD or do I need to install extra tools, and if so, where can I get those?

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2009) [#2]
have you seen the stickied thread at the top of this forum?

deps(Posted 2009) [#3]
It's the live CD. They are mainly used to test a distro with a computer without installing anything. They left out the compiler tools to save space. If you install it on a harddrive you can select to install the compiler tools as well (or at least do it later), and things will probably work just fine.

If not, check the thread Mark mentioned.

Tricky(Posted 2009) [#4]
Thanks... I guess I'll try things out.
As I said, I can currently only use my boss' PC, and I don't want to push my luck by installing Linux on there, so I'll see if I can get things running with the Live CD and if not I'll wait until I can get my own PC running again.